Categories
Movies/Television Hollywood News

Robert Downey Jr. joining Captain America 3

Variety reported on Monday that Robert Downey Jr. will return as Iron Man at least one more time for the Captain America 3 movie.

It may come as a shock to many since Downey was said to be done with the Iron Man character after the third installment of the Avengers movie. There are also no plans on making a fourth Iron Man movie.

Joe and Anthony Russo are directing the third Captain America movie. They previously directly Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Robert Downey Jr. is looking to make around $40 million for his role as Iron Man in this new Captain America movie.

Downey’s work as Iron Man has brought in a lot of money for Marvel and Disney. The three Iron Man movies have earned $2.4 billion worldwide, while the first Avengers earned a record-breaking $1.5 billion worldwide in 2012.

According to Variety,”Marvel originally wanted to hire Downey for a small role, which would have required just three weeks of work. But Downey wanted Stark to have a more substantial role in the film’s plot, which would give him more screen time and naturally a bigger payday. This angered Marvel Entertainment chief Ike Perlmutter, who ordered the screenwriters to write Iron Man out of the script entirely, sources said.”

Captain America 3 is said to have a May 6, 2016 release.

Read more at: variety.com

Categories
Movies/Television

Disney to Bring us ‘The Princess Bride’

William Goldman's 'The Princess Bride' will be get a stage production with Disney.
William Goldman’s ‘The Princess Bride’ will be get a stage production with Disney.

Disney Theatrical Productions will be teaming up with William Goldman on a musical based on his 1973 fairy tale and 1987 screenplay, The Princess Bride. The Rob Reiner film is a cult classic, and so many fans were happy to hear the news.  The project was attempted a few years ago, but that fell through, and now Alan Horn of Walt Disney Studios is leading the project. It has not been decided whether The Princess Bride will be made into a musical or a play, but Disney’s successful history with musicals may point it in that direction.

Told by an old man to his grandson, the story is a comic tale of love and adventure as a beautiful woman engaged to an evil prince is kidnapped on the eve of her wedding by her farmboy lover. The Reiner film starred Cary Elwes, Robin Wright, Mandy Patinkin and Chris Sarandon. It was produced by Reiner and Andrew Scheinman and executive produced by Norman Lear.

One of the Disney theatrical division’s most successful musical had been The Lion King, which recently passed the $1 billion box office mark on Broadway. Disney will be opening its newest stage musical, Aladdin, which is set to debut in March.

View full story at The Hollywood Reporter.

 

Categories
Movies/Television Hollywood News

Cruella de Vil is Back

Aline Brosh McKenna will writing the script for one of Disney's newest movies 'Cruella.'
Aline Brosh McKenna will writing the script for one of Disney’s newest movies ‘Cruella.’

Cruella de Vil was made famous as the dog-fur-loving villain in the 1961 animated film 101 Dalmations and she is coming back for her very own movie. The new Disney movie Cruella will be centered around Cruella de Vil and her villainous tendencies. The news comes after the studio made Maleficent, set to release in 2014, which is based on the infamous Sleeping Beauty villain, Maleficent. Cruella will be one of Disney’s latest live-action take on one of its classic animated films. Along with Maleficent and Alice, Disney will also be remaking Cinderella, which just went into principal photography.

Aline Brosh McKenna, the writer for Cinderella has been selected to write and produce this new movie. Disney realized that no one knows Cruella de Vil better than Glenn Close who played the character in 1996 film – and returned again in 2000 for the sequel – so she will be act as executive producer for this film. McKenna may be best known for her adaption of The Devil Wears Prada. The writer just finished up the script for Annie, which she is currently casting for.

Categories
Movies/Television Hollywood News

The Toys Return for an Adventure

The Toy Story characters are back for ABC's 30-minute special of Toy Story of Terror in October.
The Toy Story characters are back for ABC’s 30-minute special of Toy Story of Terror in October.

ABC revealed last week that they will be airing Disney-Pixar’s first special-for-television, Toy Story of Terror! on October 16. Tom Hanks and Tim Allen will be back in their roles of Woody and Buzz on the half-hour special of a spooky adventure just in time for Halloween. The spooky new tale of our favorite characters from the Toy Story movies will also be joined by the rest of the gang, including Jessie, Combat Carl, Mr. Pricklepants, Mr. Potato Head, Rex and Trixie.

The toys go on a fun road trip that soon takes a turn for the worst when they get detoured to a roadside motel. Once one of the toys goes missing, a series of mysterious events ensue and they must work together to avoid the same terrible fate in the Toy Story of Terror!

While Pixar has not denied a fourth installment of the Toy Story franchise, the talks of another movie is still a rumor. One confirmed Pixar movie is Finding Dory, the sequel to Finding Nemo that is set to release in 2015. Ellen DeGeneres will be returning for the voice of Dory.